The list of features and improvements made so far are:
- pyinotify support for your collection folders. This includes multiple includes and excludes and specifies the option to perform a recursive watch. By using this package files are automatically added and removed from the database when the user adds and removes files from their watched directories,
- MYSQL support. Switch between SQLITE and MYSQL on the fly. Early testing shows MYSQL appears to be massively quicker than SQLITE(when not using the "PRAGMA synchronous = OFF" option),
- A settings dialog. It's not feature complete but it's definitely a start. Learning how to use modal dialogs has been a huge gain for this project,
- Webkit widget for the information page. The previous method of displaying information was too rigid and hopefully this new method should allow easier modifications and visual improvements. Plus anybody who knows html + css (I barely do) should be able to help out here,
- Flac block fixing is not done automatically. Previously Flac files which had multiple comment blocks were automatically fixed. Now, for each file, the user is prompted whether to fix the issue,
- System tray icon is an option instead of always being on,
- Option to rebuild the database from scratch.
- Displaying the collection by Albums or Artists
- Chose a cleaner section of the wikipedia result to display
- Album art covers are retrieved using the api of http://albumart.org/ and then saved locally in ~/.gereqi/album-art. This is considerably quicker than using a Google "feeling lucky" result and parsing for the album art.
There are a few minor UI features I want to achieve before the release but things are looking good so far.
If you want to try the program there is no installer yet (for obvious reasons) but if you're feeling adventurous the tree at this revision is the most stable it's been in a long time. If you find issues please enter them in the issue tracker.
Webkit infopage showing the all the album covers of the playing artist
Mysql support and a checkboxed fileview.
Some UI options.
Equaliser dialog. It does nothing.
List by album.
List by artist.
Wikipedia information about the playing artist.