Monday, 28 June 2010

Gereqi 0.4.0 Setbacks

Things are not going to plan. After the last update it looked like everything was shaping up for release not soon afterwards. In the process of testing the Mysql+sqlite database backends all hell broke loose, mainly due to Unicode issues in Python I have which appear to be near impossible to get around. What worked with the sqlite backend didn't work with the Mysql backend.

To try and solve this issue I am doing what I was supposed to have done a long time ago and forgot, namely using PyQt's QtSql module that has done what I've done so far and a lot better and more complete. In the process of moving everything to this new module a lot of other code has to change elsewhere which is a pain as a lot of it will have been working fine. It has to be done for my future sanity and continuing development of Gereqi.

No comments:

Post a Comment